Monday, March 7, 2011

For the Love of Cats

If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." 
- Mark Twain

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
- Hippolyte Taine

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
Albert Schweitzer

"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul."
- Jean Cocteau




"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."
- Leonardo da Vinci


"There are no ordinary cats."
- Colette

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of."
- Sir Walter Scott




"It always gives me a shiver when I see a cat seeing what I can't see."
- Eleanor Farjeon

"Way down deep we are all motivated by the same urges, cats have the courage to live by them."
- Jim Davis



"Cat said, 'I am not a friend, and I am not a Servant. I am the Cat who walks by himself, and I wish to come into your Cave.'"
- Rudyard Kipling, from the "Just-So Stories"


"What greater gift than the love of a cat?"
- Charles Dickens





3 comments:

  1. I LOVE all these quotes on cats. I've got 3 living in my home right now. It seems to me that writers and cats go together like writers and procrastination! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you on Twitter? I was going to Tweet one of your quotes and link to your blog. Would like to @ you if you're on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please ignore the above post. I obviously needed my morning tea before hopping on blogger! I saw your Twitter bar to the right and then realized I was already following you! :)

    ReplyDelete