Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sea Debris on Watch Hill

It started off as a wonderful beach day on Watch Hill, Rhode Island



beautiful weather


silliness for the camera



mansions by the sea



truly picturesque...


...then, I got obsessed with the beach debris...

especially claws.
and shells.
and seaweed.
but mostly the claws.

there were a LOT of claws.

and I could NOT stop myself. So, I spent the rest of the day looking down, examining the rich textures and colors of all that the sea discarded. Some of it was so strange, alien strange. Some of it was so beautiful. And some of it was... sad. But a good sad, I suppose. A glimpse at the "circle of life". Which I guess is really a Happy thing, yes?

 I took hundreds of photos-  I am restraining myself by only sharing less than 30 :)

I mean... there were sooooo many claws.

(click on any photo to see a larger version)





























No comments:

Post a Comment